WE HAVE TAKEN A NUMBER OF STEPS TO DECREASE YOUR RISK OF COVID-19 EXPOSURE IN OUR OFFICES:
- We now have implemented sick “suites” to keep well patients separate from sick patients. All sick patients will be given a mask when they arrive to their appointment at the location of care.
- ALL exam rooms are sanitized after every patient regardless of the visit type.
- We partake in frequent sanitizing of our offices throughout the day. As always, we also perform hand washing before and after each patient.
- We are screening patients with a fever, cough, shortness of breath for risk of novel Corona Virus over the phone and those appointments are scheduled accordingly.
- Rescheduling of non-urgent visits per provider recommendations as needed in order to ensure the overall health of our patients remains priority.
- Screening all follow up appointments for acute symptoms. If patients are sick, then they will be seen for a sick visit.
- Telehealth Visits are now available to some of our patients.
- All of these steps are subject to change as the situation itself changes.
SCREENING FOR NOVEL CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19) RISK:
- If you develop a fever and respiratory symptoms (cough or shortness of breath), or have been exposed to someone with confirmed COVID-19 within 14 days of symptom onset, or have traveled to an area of sustained community spread within 14 days, please CALL our office. We will determine whether you need to be managed at home or will need evaluation in our office.
- We continue to follow guidelines from CDC for screenings, guidance, recommendations etc.
HOW CAN YOU REDUCE COVID-19 EXPOSURE?
- Follow universal precautions: frequent hand washing, keep hands off your face, regularly clean frequently touched surfaces, cover coughs and sneezes, stay home if you are sick.
- Avoid crowded areas
- Practice social distancing by limiting the number of visitors you see daily as well as staying home as much as possible
- Avoid other sick people
- Avoid non-urgent visits